Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Diary Saturday 22nd September 2012 - Anonymous


The sun was shining when we awoke, so decided to go to the first Antique and Collectors Fair held at Billing Aquadrome. We went to the garden centre on the way and bought some cyclamen for the back garden and onion sets, white and red, for the allotment. The fair opened to the public at 10.30 am at a cost of £4 per person. There were many outside stalls with people trading from vans, cars, caravans etc. Lots of lovely bits and bobs on sale but nothing I wanted, to add to my collections. R was luckier than me and managed to find something for his collection.

After chatting with many of the stallholders, who we know from different fairs we go to, we ventured inside and were treated to a vast array of stalls. Still nothing caught my eye - not for the want of trying though. After wandering round for about 3 hours and chatting to friends we hadn't seen for a long time, we decided to make our way home.

On impulse, we bought fish and chips from outside the Aquadrome and sat on The Causeway to eat them overlooking the river, very naughty but very nice. Arrived home with plenty of daylight hours left for the man of the house to set the cyclamen and clean the fascia on the outside of the house. I made some cards and watched a bit of TV. After tea we spent a lovely evening with friends. A bright, sunny but chilly, start to the weekend.

By a woman born in Northampton 1950s

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you had a lovely day, I really enjoyed reading your diary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent diary from our 1950s woman. I heard from somebody who lives nearby that the Antique Fair at Billing was very good. Strangely, I used to visit the aquadrome a lot when I lived outside Northampton but now it is within spitting distance, I don't bother. Perhaps I should!

    Thanks again for the lovely read.....

    ReplyDelete