Sunday, January 13, 2013

Where Is It? By Sheron Watson





Where is it ?

A photo was posted on Northampton Past.
A picture of where I am frightened to ask.
Welly Road or Kettering the debate lingers on
The location of a place from a time bygone.

There is mention of a chimney proving its place
But others they said it is mentioned in haste.
The roof’s are all wrong came another’s reply
It’s Welly Road I swear the resounding outcry.

Racecourse said another the houses were there.
They accommodated the police of that I swear.
The bend in the road confirms it’s Kettering.
Cannot see why you’d all find it so baffling

Look at the Tram it’s going to Kingsley
Cannot understand why you find it a mystery.
Just look at the shadows, they’ll confirm where
I will take a new photo for you all to compare



Tree’s by the Picturedrome, there isn’t the room
So it must be Welly Road, or so you’d assume
There were four house’s that stood on that spot
I will show you the map that confirms it you lot.

Can’t be Kettering their windows are curved
Welly’s are straight you must have observed
Look at the chimneys, they must have increased
On Welly they match and changes the least

From Mary to Frank and Ruth to Steve Kelly
The site took a vote and decided it’s Welly
So to all Northampton Past including our Lawrie
I am still not convinced, for that, I am sorry



5 comments:

  1. Looks like Spencer Parade through to St Giles street to me. The church would be over the wall and trees on the right of the photo.

    Kind regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its Barrack Road, the entrance to the Racecourse on the right with the trees. Facing towards Kingsthorpe Hollow. That's my guess. Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right - this is indeed Kettering Road outside the Picturedrome opposite the Racecourse

    Abington Avenue is on the bottom left

    ReplyDelete