Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Diary Saturday 22nd September 2012 by Kate Osborne.

I always knew that today was going to be a very busy day for me and that is exactly what it turned out to be. Maybe I should have gone to bed a little earlier on Friday night as it was a struggle to get up but finally managed it around 7.40am.

After a swift cup of coffee and a banana for breakfast I was off at 8.30 to catch the bus into town for work at the Co-operative Bank in Abington Street. We are only open until 1pm on a Saturday and we were so busy it flew by. After making sure the place was tidy ready for the return of our Manager on Monday after his two week holiday we left the building at 1.30pm.

I spent an hour mooching around town trying to find a pair of smart black trousers for work with pockets suitable for keys etc but failed yet again! I really don’t like shopping at all. Town was quite vibrant though in the afternoon sun and I quite enjoyed having a wander round. There was a gospel choir singing by the boot and shoe statue everyone seemed in good spirits.
I walked home up the WellingboroughRoad calling into Barry Road Co-op to get Hubby some dinner as I was off out for the evening. 



Macie
Back home by 3pm to listen to the football on the radio, catch up on facebook and get a few chores done in the kitchen. As registration secretary for the Mid-Shires Girls Football League I had a visitor at 4pm to transfer one player and register another which was done over a cup of coffee and a chat. My next job of the day was the most pleasurable of all, taking my lovely chocolate Labrador Macie for an hours walk in the early evening sunshine. We went to Billing Road Cemetery which is very near to my house and such a welcoming place for dogs and their owners. Back home again by 5.30pm for a nice relaxing shower and to get ready for my evening out. 

And what an evening it was! A lovely get together for eight of us Ladies who had met through the Facebook group Northampton Past. We chatted, drank wine, ate a Chinese takeaway and later sang together using the playstation game singstar. It is fair to say the evening had a real buzz to it. I arrived back home just after midnight tired but contented after a busy but satisfying day.


3 comments:

  1. You had a busy day, but it sounds as if you enjoyed your shopping trip and your evening with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Banana for breakfast? The most important meal of the day? If you had a good old proper English breakfast you may have you may have had more energy and succeeded in you town quest! Sounds like you lead a very busy life Kate and it is lovely that you fit in your new found friends because I know what a buzz that can bring. Maybe you should include a couple of pictures if you have any?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good day for you by the sound of it, Kate. I must admit that your morning stint at work sounds much like that of my daughter's. She words at the Nationwide in Wellingborough. Your evening out with friends sounds really nice and a perfect way to round off your day.

    Thank you for a really good read, Kate......

    ReplyDelete