Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Diary Saturday 22nd September 2012 by Karyn Chilton

4.10.  Give up on trying to sleep. Might as well get the kettle on and start the day.
Two cups of coffee whilst scanning my emails and catching up with facebook the normal start to any day.

5.15. Washing machine loaded. Quick shower then on to the house work. Really must try and remember not to put the washer on before i shower, the cold water can be a shock to the system when your not expecting it.

5.45. mowtown album on cd player and i set about the ironing. Not my favorite job but with my steam generator iron its done in double quick time, helped along with good music. Considering i live on my own the amount of ironing is crazy. Mental note to myself...learn my sons to iron...Perhaps then my dinning room would not be like a chinese laundry.

6.30. Grabbing another coffee. Really must try to cut the caffine down.

7.00. House work starts in earnest. Thank heavens for my Dyson, makes light work of hoovering through the house.

9.00. Welly's on now for a stroll around Delapre Abbey with my dog Izzy. Really cold morning but a bit of speed walking soon sorts that out for me. Izzy now resembles a drowned rat, she's a small dog and the grass is soaking.

10.00. The dog has been dried and she scurries of to her bed. All-right for some, wish i could sleep at the drop of a hat.

1.00. Spoke to my mum to check she's okay. Mums 87 now and very frail, saturday's i dont visit as on sunday's i spend most of the day cleaning her place. My eldest son rang thats another hour gone. Really dont know what we find to talk about.

3.00. Managed to watch qualifiers for grand prix, i'd recorded it so i can watch it when i have time and can speed through the bits between.

4.00. Quick visit to Asda's, top up shop, its very busy but i use the self check-outs.

5.00. Youngest son arrive's followed by my brother-in-law. Three rounds of coffee's later and my sons gone.  More coffee and a good chat and my brother-in-law leave’s.

7.00. Tidied up again. Can’t be bothered to cook so make do with a sandwich and yet another coffee.

9.00. Put the washer on yet again and settle down to watch n.c.i. all recorded earlier. Computer on at the same time... love multi-tasking.

12.00.  Time for bed, wonder if I'll manage to sleep for long tonight, 

3 comments:

  1. I like your comment about multi tasking, if I watch television I always have my laptop on at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post Karyn. It is good you have those interruptions throughout the day. You know? I love doing Housework and don't often get the chance! I also agree about the multi tasking and woman do seem to do this well. However, I pride myself on this too. Mind you, I do struggle to drive and put my make up on tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a lovely diary entry, Karyn. I love the way you have actually stated the times of doing everything and I am much impressed that you are loading the washing machine at 5.15 in the morning, even though you can't sleep.....

    Frank is a fibber - I've seen him at the traffic lights touching up his lippy.......

    ReplyDelete